1. M. Eisele, R.S. Engelbrecht, and K. Kurokawa, “Balanced Transistor Amplifiers for Precise Wideband Microwave Applications,” IEEE International Solid-State Circuits Conference, February 1965.
2. R.S. Engelbrecht and K. Kurokawa, “A Wideband Low Noise L-Band Balanced Transistor Amplifier,” Proceedings of the IEEE, Vol. 53, No. 3, March 1965, pp. 237-247.
3. S.C. Cripps, RF Power Amplifiers for Wireless Communications, Artech House, Norwood, MA, 1999, Section. 10.2: “Balanced amplifiers.”
4. J.S. Mandeep and H. Abdullah, “A compact, balanced low noise amplifier for WIMAX base station applications,” Microwave Journal, November 2010.
5. A.F. Osman and N. Mohd. Noh, “A design for SDR radio using balanced amplifier topology,” 4th Asia Symposium on Quality Electronic Design, 2012.
6. T. Chong, “A Low-Noise, High-Linearity Balanced Amplifier in Enhancement-mode GaAs pHEMT Technology for Wireless Base-Stations,” Proceedings of the European Microwave Conference, Paris, France, October 2005.
7. T. Chong and S. Rendava, “Design and Performance of a 1.6-2.2GHz Low-Noise, High Gain Dual Amplifier in GaAs E-pHEMT,” Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference, Suzhou, China, December 2005.
8. C.L. Lim, “Setting new noise performance benchmarks using wideband low-noise high-linearity LNAs,” Microwave Journal, February 2011.
9. J. Madden, “Low voltage operation of GaAs power amplifier,” Microwave Journal, September 2006, pp. 130-134.
10. Anaren product specification, “X3C19P1-03S hybrid coupler,” Rev. D.
11. E.E.M. Woestenburg, “LNAs for the multi frequency front ends,” Netherlands Foundation for Research in Astronomy, Dwingeloo, NFRA-ITR 219, December 1997.
12. H.K. Lee, A.C.S. King, H. M. Fuad, and T. Chong, “A low noise figure high linearity balanced amplifier module for cellular band base station’s tower mounted amplifier application using E-mode pHEMT Technology,” Proceedings of the 2008 Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference.
13. Z. Wang, W. Yang, J. Peng, J. Chen, W. Xie, and C. Shi, "The design of SiGe HBT balanced broadband low noise amplifier,” International Conference on Microwave & Millimeter Wave Technology, 2008.
14. Ommic product specification, “CGY2106XHV Dual Ultra Low Noise High IP3 Amplifier."
15. Avago Technologies, application note 5441, “LNA Design with the MGA-16516 Matched Pair, Low Noise Amplifier.”
16. G.V. Petrov, “Noise properties of balanced amplifiers,” International Journal of Electronics, Vol. 53, No. 5, 1982.
| Download this article in .PDF format |
This file type includes high resolution graphics and schematics when applicable.